All our eggs are produced organically and we meet all poultry management standards and requirements. We also keep to environmental and anti-pollution laws when farming our poultry. Our chickens are fed strictly with 100% organic feed. We are the first EU, NOP & USDA (USA) certified organic egg farm in Thailand.
Standards for producing organic eggs according to EU, NOP & USDA (USA)
|Topic||EU, NOP & USDA (USA)|
|Overall farm man-agement standards||1. A grass field for laying hens to find food is essential.
2. Not allow to bind or chain any animals.
3. Do not use chemicals, medicines, all kinds of hormones.
|Greenhouses and farming areas||1. The number of animals released in the pasture and outside the roof area must be suitable for the area without risk of polluting the soil and water.
2. The sheer number of housing can be up to 3000 hens per sheer.
3. The shed must be strong, durable, and can protect livestock from both sunlight and rain, and must have no cage. There is 1 nest for 4 hens. Each nest must be made by leaves of lemongrass and the ovary area must have a thick husk substrate such as 3-5 inches. It must not be muddy.
4. Let the hens roam free. Each hen must have at least a 5 square-meter area of Napier or Pongola grass for feeding as an alternative food source. The size of the entrance-exit between the shed and the courtyard, the length outside the door must not be less than 4 meters per 100 square meters.
|Animal husbandry system||1. The hens that are raised must not be cut at their mouths.
2. Fresh plant food sources must come from organic production sources that have received USDA / EU COR certification. If the food source is from outside the farm, the raw materials used must meet all USDA / EU certification standards.
3. Prevent chemicals from entering into the area where organic chicken eggs are laid.
|Animal source||1. In a case where the manufacturer needs to bring the breeders from common sources to replace old animals or expand farm sizes, the import not more than 10 % of the adult animals is allowed.|
|Animal breeding and propagation||Choose the natural mix.
2. Not allow artificial insemination.
3. Embryo transfer and cloning are not allowed.
4. There is a record keeping of chicken generation.
|Animal organ management||1. The mouth of hens is not allowed to cut.
2. The wings or significant wing feathers are not allowed to cut.
|Animal food||1. The manufacturer must prepare a feeding plan and must present to the relevant authorities for inspection at any time.
2. Food coming from outside the farm must receive EU, NOP & USDA (USA) plant certification. EU, NOP & USDA (USA)
3. The following substances are not allowed to be used as ingredients in an-imal foods:
3.1) the by-product of dissected animals of the same species
3.2) the by-product of pet food for ruminant animals (such as from slaugh-terhouses)
3.3) excreta of all kinds
3.4) extracts with a solvent (such as hexane) or the addition of chemicals
3.5) amino acid synthesis
3.6) urea and nitrogen compounds that have been synthesized
3.7) synthetic chemicals for growth stimulant
3.8) the synthetic stimulate appetite
3.9) any form of preservatives, except for being used as a processing aid
3.10) synthetic dyes
3.10.1) allows the use of Vitamin, Micronutrients, and supplementary foods derived naturally.
3.10.2) allows the use of vitamins and supplements that have secondary nutrients from nature only if the operator is unable to find from natural sources, sufficient amount, and quality.
3.10.3) allows the use of additives and processing aids such as bacteria, fungi, and enzyme produced silage, by-products from the food industry (such as molasses), and so on.
3.10.4) food ingredients, food additives, and processing aids in all animal foods must not come from the genetic engineering process.
|Animal health management||1. Sick chickens and healthy chickens must be separated to avoid contamination. Sick chickens must be quarantined so the healthy chickens won’t be infected.
2. Prepare the vaccine programs for the chicken including the vaccine for Ma-rek, Newcastle, and Bronchitis, Gambaro, Smallpox, Cholera, and para-sites. Must be in accordance with the requirements of the vaccine that is allowed to be used.
Small size containing 6 eggs, weighting 300 grams
Medium size containing 10 eggs, weighing 500 grams