Our Organic Farming Technology
The USDA Organic and EU Organic for CONTROL UNION prohibits the use of synthetic chemicals such as chemical fertilizers and pesticides, fungicides and herbicides. With this in mind, King Fresh Farm, in conjunction with the Research Institute of Agricultural Technology, the Bureau of Agricultural Technology, Suranaree University of Technology, have developed the idea of using biotechnology as an effective substitute for the use of chemicals in yielding the same quantity and quality of organic crops.
King Fresh Farm recognizes that two main factors affect the success of organic farming: Soil component, e.g., water and fertilizer, Above ground factors e.g., weeds, plant diseases, insects and pests.
- Soil consists of pH values, sodium and mineral levels, organic matter, soil nutrients such as organic and bioorganic fertilizers and Trichoderma, which improve the soil condition, organic and inorganic and water. That is why King Fresh Farm places so much emphasis on managing effectively these factors that determine the success of organic farming. At King Fresh Farm, we conduct regular soils analysis to ensure optimum conditions conducive to maximum yield and quality of crop.
- Above ground factors: The management of above ground factors includes the control of weeds, plant diseases, animals, insects, nematodes, snails, etc. In recognition of these factors, King Fresh Farm has conducted studies into various natural methods which are effective substitutes for chemicals, such as:
- Using plastic bags or insect trapping tape coated in a sticky substance to lure and trap small insects that live on the vegetable patches. There is also our blue/ purple lights that lure nocturnal insects away from the crops and spun bond nets that cover the crop to prevent insect infestation on plant sprouts.
- Usingherbs with insect- repelling qualities such as Neem, Derris, tobacco leaf, and Stemona.
- Biological techniques: Using biological organisms to prevent and eradicate pests such as ground beetles and spiders that target insects, Nematode worms that feed on bark- eating worms. In addition, we also use microorganisms such as Trichoderma to prevent the growth of fungi that cause root rotting, and the use of bacteria in eliminating some types of worms.
Post- Harvest Technology
- Washing and cleaning of the produce
To avoid the use of chemicals, King Fresh Farm employs the use of Ozone technology (oxygen diluted in water) to produce organic and chemical- free products. With this technology, our guarantee to consumers is to deliver produce that will retain its freshness and has long shelf life. Consumers can rely on us for produce that are very safe for consumption.
Research results show that this method of cleaning is 3,125 times more effective when compared with the use of Chlorine. Research figures indicate the following:
- Ozone dissolved in water with 0.01 ppm concentration kills 99% of bacteria within 1 minute
- Ozone dissolved in water with 0.4 ppm concentration kills 99% of viruses within 4 minute
Using innovative technology, King Fresh Farm has installed a digitally controlled Ozone- washing conveyor system. This system accurately controls the concentration and duration of Ozone application to ensure an effective cleaning process.
- The insecticide prior to exporting
Our major concern is the safety of consumers as well as preserving our environment. Due to issues relating to crop insects, The Thai agriculture industry has suffered exclusions from other countries in the importation of fresh produce. The Department of Agriculture in joint efforts with agricultural product quarantine authorities of several other countries, have issued compliant measures to exporters requesting the non- use of highly concentrated chemicals as an insecticide on plants. Insecticide used on vegetables and fruits is widely known for its harmful effects not only on consumers but on the environment as well. With the consumers’ safety in mind, King Fresh Farm has introduced the VHT technology (Vapor Heat Treatment) from Japan, a country with the highest food safety standard worldwide. The VHT technology is recognized globally as one of the safest methods and does not involve the use of any chemical. King Fresh Farm VHT system is controlled by innovative digital technology, which is the most advanced in Thailand. We also offer steaming services to other exporters of fresh produce.
Our packaging techniques involve the use of the MAP (Modified Atmosphere Packaging) technology developed by National Metal and Materials Technology Center (MTEC), National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA). With this technology, consumers can purchase fruits and vegetables that will maintain their freshness with extended shelf life.